This exercise strengthens your biceps
Instruction on how to do spider curl
- Before you start. Set up 2 bars that will hold the barbell on top of a bench or a preacher bench where you could sit on. Balance the barbell and make sure that it won’t fall.
- Go to the front of the preacher bench and lie down on prone position slanting at 45 degree. Your stomach and torso will be pressing on to the preacher bench.
- Grab the barbell. Stretch your arms and grip the bar of the barbell with your palms facing up.
- While you exhale slowly raise the barbell up and hold the position for a moment. While on it, squeeze your muscles a little.
- As you inhale slowly put the barbell back assuming the starting position.
- Do 8-12 reps depending on your capacity.