This exercise is similar to decline dumbbell triceps extension. You will be using an ez-curl bar or a barbell instead of a dumbbell here. This is isolated triceps strengthening exercise. Instructions to do this exercise properly
- Lie down on a decline bench securing your legs at the other end.
- Using a close grip, lift up the EZ bar from the rack, and then hold it over your elbows in and arms locked. Make sure that your arms are vertical to the ground. It’s better to have a spotter hand you the barbell.
- While inhaling, keeping your upper arms stationary, bring down the bar slowly in a circular motion until you feel the barbell slightly touching your forehead.
- While exhaling go back to your initial position, contracting the triceps.
- Do 8-12 reps for 3 sets or until failure.
You can also make use of dumbbells or straight bar / barbell and a flat bench to do this exercise.
Video Demos on How to do Decline Ezbar Triceps Extension