This exercise tones your triceps. The best part of this exercise is that it does not require any specialized equipment to perform. This is one of the best exercise for triceps while you are traveling. This is a compound exercise, involving both the elbow and the shoulder joint. You should avoid this exercise if you have any shoulder problems.
Instructions on how to do Triceps Dips.
- Place you hands on a chair or bench, shoulder with apart.
- Your body must be before the chair/bench and place you feet hip width apart on floor.
- Keep you arms straight. Bend your elbows a little to relieve them of tension and concentrate on triceps.
- Keeping your back close to the bench / chair, slowly lower your body towards the floor until the arms make a 90 degree angle
- Slowly press off with your hands and get back to the starting position.
- Repeat until failure or 3sets of 10-12 reps.
Video Instructions on how to do triceps dips.
Video demo 1)
Video Demo 2)
Video Demo 3)
You can make it harder by putting you feet on another bench / chair.