This is an isolated triceps strength training exercise. Instructions to do this exercise properly
- Lie down on a decline bench with a dumbbell in each hand lying on your thighs.
- Now move the dumbbells at shoulder length in front of you. Place arms vertically towards the ground with palms facing each other and extended fully. This will be your starting position.
- While inhaling, keeping your upper arms stationary, move the dumbbells down slowly in circular motion till your thumbs are near your ears.
- Lift back the dumbbells to the initial position while exhaling and contracting your triceps.
- Do this for 8-12 reps in 3 sets or until failure.
You can also perform this exercise by making use of barbell or e-z bar on a flat bench.
Video Demos on how to do Decline Dumbbell Triceps Extension
Video Demo 1
Video Demo 2
- Beginners avoid using heavier weights.
- The the form of this exercise is a bit hard to keep up. You will obtain stability as to go on performing this exercise more frequently
- You can also do one arm at a time with other arm supporting the current one from loosing form.
These decline triceps extensions are generally harder that incline bench and flat bench triceps extensions.