This is one of the best bicep strengthening exercise.Instructions to do this exercise properly.
- Grab a barbell using both hands with your palms facing upward with a few inches space.
- Stand up straight with head up. Place feet shoulder length apart and elbows close to your body to assume the starting position. Remember not to move your elbow and upper arm while doing this exercise.
- Slowly raise the barbell up exhaling until your upper arm muscles touch your forearm. Hold the barbell up for a moment in that position squeeze your biceps.
- As you inhale gently bring the barbell down to its original position.
- Repeat the steps until failure or for recommended number of repetitions.
Video Demos on How to Perform Close Grip Standing Barbell Curl
video demo 1